Thread: Woo Date Rumor

Thumbs down Woo Date Rumor

Heard they lost the date to I77 speedway. Any turth too this rumor?

Heard that too last week ?

Heard it here too. Makes a lot of sense. When I looked at the WoO schedule and I saw WVMS, I immediately went into doubt mode. Hats off to WoO for optimistically adding WVMS to the schedule again.

In my mind, WVMS ceases to exist. All it is at this time is a mess where a great race track once stood.

It blows my mind that they've had a year and a half to make changes. And I-77 has moved a lot of earth and made their changes in one off season. If WVMS wants to get back on the map, they need to hire the crew that did I-77. It would probably be done by summer.

4. Default

alky I don't know if you know it or not but one of the promoters at I-77 owns a company that specializes in excavating, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Huffman View Post
    alky I don't know if you know it or not but one of the promoters at I-77 owns a company that specializes in excavating, etc.
    Still WVMS has messed around way too much and I-77 has stepped to the plate!Ive heard the same thing about I-77 getting the WVMS date!
    The Conleys Rock and so does the Lunbeck Ironman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Huffman View Post
    Well, I'd say the WVMS folks need to give him a call and get a quote. I'm certain he'd fix a competing track, if the price was right. But, maybe they don't want to pay that price, to anyone. Can't make chicken salad with chicken crap.

Just how much earth moving is left to be done at WVMS?

Far as I'm concerned, I'm glad the big events have moved down to I-77. Means a shorter drive for me.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by AlkyMadness View Post
    Heard it here too. Makes a lot of sense. When I looked at the WoO schedule and I saw WVMS, I immediately went into doubt mode. Hats off to WoO for optimistically adding WVMS to the schedule again.

In my mind, WVMS ceases to exist. All it is at this time is a mess where a great race track once stood.

It blows my mind that they've had a year and a half to make changes. And I-77 has moved a lot of earth and made their changes in one off season. If WVMS wants to get back on the map, they need to hire the crew that did I-77. It would probably be done by summer.
    Hell...in a year and a half a few guys could have moved enough earth to fix up the track with hand tools...WTH?!?!
    If you ain't got dirt in your beer, you ain't at a real race track!!

Exclamation

So has there been anything done to the track lately? Why not just use the big track, not to many tracks this side today, yaaa it's hard on some mottors but it takes money to make money, and if you think ur gonna go there and not have problems, ur wrong. And if you don't like the racing... Simple, don't show up.! Last few times if been there the place was packed, hill grandstand and the bleachers. Just want to see the track open up and be like yester year
    Git-R-Done